Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Time just keeps on moving



Camila is 10 months old! Where has the time gone?! We have already started referring to her as a toddler instead of a baby, because thats how she acts! She's got these little opinions and thoughts on things, and you can tell when she has a specific idea or thought in her mind, because if we don't help her follow through with that exact thought, she throws her head back, spreads her fingers, raises her little eyebrows, bares her teeth and goes, "EEEEEHHHHH". She's also allll over the place, chewing wires and sticking her fingers into sockets and climbing up on furniture and us and walls.



She's also just so AWARE of things and concepts. For example, we were out to lunch at Panera with our family friend Chat (who many of you know :)  ) and I brought along some broccoli for her, knowing that it would be hard to find a veggie at Panera. Anyway, she was happily eating her broccoli, kicking her little legs back and forth under her, stuffing more than she could chew in her mouth as per usual, until my plate of food came. I gave her one bite of mac and cheese and she was DONE with the broccoli. Even once the mac and cheese was gone and I told her and showed her so, she was content just sitting quietly but would NOT eat another bite of broccoli. Usually she will ALWAYS eat fruit, but she was even being touchy on the fruit I had ordered her. A few bites in the mouth, a handful on the ground. Even though our plates were empty she just sat there quietly staring at them. I figured she was full. Finally Chat got up to clear the plates and what does Camila do? Look at me, look at Chat, look around a few times at the empty table, and reaches for her container of broccoli and fruit and eats the entire thing.

It was one of those moments where you are just like, wow. She's no longer thinking simply, like "Oh this is my food. I see it. I eat it." She understands that there's OTHER OPTIONS and if she plays her cards right she might be able to pick and choose what to fill up on. Sneaky sneaky little one. Mama is on to you.

Another super awesome development that we started noticing at 9 months is her understanding of language. Donovan speaks to her in Spanish only, and I speak a mixture - If I know it in Spanish, I say it in Spanish. If I don't, I say it in English. Therefor, a lot of the simple things we say often throughout the day are all said in Spanish all of the time. Words and phrases such as "All done", "Do you want more?", "Its time to eat", "Its time for a nap", "Come here", "Do you want to nurse?", dance, bounce, yes, no, hi, bye, yada yada. You can tell she understands exactly what we are saying buy her actions and the look in her eyes when you speak to her, and she's even started nodding yes in response. Its amazing! She waves hi and bye, not just on command but when she sees people for the first time or watches them leave. She also blows kisses on command - it really just looks like she's slapping herself on the mouth but freaking adorable.

And honestly, we are obsessed. Especially me. We watch her every move, every facial expression, laugh at her every conversation-like grunt and squeal. Even once she's in bed we sit with the monitor and smile over her many sleeping positions or fret about if she's warm/cool/hydrated enough. She's the best thing that's ever, ever happened to us and time is flying WAY too fast.




I love love love this picture of Camila and her papi


And of course, "best thing that ever happened to us" part II is on his way!
This pregnancy is almost exactly the same as with Camila - I craved clementines like WOAH in the first trimester. This was before I knew I was pregnant so I didn't think much of it, but looking back, its like woah! So THAT'S why I was eating a box a day (slight exaggeration). Its also pretty easy - that craving has been one of my only symptoms. No sickness, tiredness or hormone-raged tears. (I know, I'm damn lucky.)





Its a bit different though because HOLY COW am I big. Not really that big in reality, but in comparison its a little odd. Im already doing the pregnancy-squat. You know the one, where if you need to bend down to get something you kinda have to spread your legs wide and point your toes outward. Its really sexy. I also can't fit into ANY of my old clothes. The tshirts and tanks all hang over my belly with little flaps and if I raise my arms a little the belly-bottom pops out. When I do high-knees jogs in place I have to cradle my belly in my hands. Squats have already become sumo-squats and belly-sleeping is becoming difficult. Thighs are starting to chafe under dresses (again, definitely sexy) and my food-shelf is returning. This is all normal obviously, but last time none of this happened to me until 6/7 months, and I'm only 4.5! Yet somehow Ive gained almost the same amount of weight. This is going to be a loooong 5 months…





1 comment:

  1. Love the cherry blossom pics!! Hadn't seen those yet :)

    ReplyDelete