Sunday, February 2, 2014


How far along? 21 weeks !

Total Weight Gain: Somewhere between 15 and 17 lbs. Im trying not to think about it (slash OBSESS over it) too much.  ;)

Stretch Marks: None

Showing: Definitely! 2 people at work that didn’t know asked. Fun!

Movement: I am starting to notice sleep and wake patterns – so interesting! She’s most active at the gym and in the evening. I guess all the moving around during the day and the kids voices sooth her. Ha.

Feeling: Good and energetic, but starting to feel big! Most of my clothes, minus pants, have fit up until now but I am starting to feel like I’m growing out of them.

Cravings: So my craving completely switched gears this week – from clementines and watermelon to CEREAL! Can’t figure out what my body is trying to get out of cereal but Im definitely noshing down on some Honey Nut Os.

Symptoms: Just a growing belly!

Missing: Skiing! This is such a good winter for skiing – I sooo wish I could go. I could technically go and just do the small slopes but it would be a waste of money in reality and not much fun. Booo.

Looking Forward to: Completing the nursery! Donovan put the crib together this weekend – it becomes more and more real which each week!

Sleep: I’ve actually been sleeping better this week. I got a pregnancy pillow from my aunt Christy…aunt? Step-Step aunt technically but she feels more like a cousin! Haha…anyway, I haven’t had to use it yet because I’ve been pretty comfy on my stomach with a pillow wedged under one side of me. It gives enough cushion and room for my belly so I’ll take that while I can!

Exercise: We are going 3-5 times a week and still lifting. I’m going to be incorporating some more cardio with a friend a couple times a week at work – T25, I’ve been missing me some Shaun T! I am looking forward to that. I’ve been feeling frustrated lately at my inability to lift heavier and I haven’t been breaking much of a sweat during my lifting workouts. :(

Eating: I am not as hungry as I was – she must have been going through a growth spurt. I’m eating at my regular meal times and enjoying many bowls of cereal daily…  :p

Thoughts this week: Her closet is full, toys are already scattered around, and the crib is built! Woohoo for 2nd trimester progress! I am already in nesting mode. We also got a futon for the basement – we are trying to make it a great space to hang out before she comes. We’ve got the man cave thing going on with a play area in the back. He’s happy to share.  :)
 My students are so excited about the baby. I think they FINALLY get that she isn’t coming until summer – for a while there they would ask me on Mondays if the baby came over the weekend! Funny moment – a child was rubbing my belly, felt my belly ring, and gasped, “I can feel its head! Its HEAD!!!!” Hahaha, that made me literally LOL.



A book given to a friend and recommended by another friend! Apparently its good to we are beginning our reading.

New futon! The basement is coming together.


My husband started his grad classes again this week.  :( That means class on Wednesdays and Thursdays (he's home by 7:30 so not that bad) and lots of homework and studying!

Have to widen my stance to make room for baby belly! Lifting tip: Your joints start to soften during pregnancy, so keep your depth at 90 degrees, not lower.

14 weeks vs. 21 weeks! The first picture was when I first noticed a bump. Hehe.

A note from a student this week - how poetic!  :)
"You're pregnant Mrs. B! A flower (I mean a girl) will bloom out your stomach!"


The crib is done!!! Soooo exciting! Donovan said he had the thought that this would be the first of many things he would build for his daughter.  :)
Mirror selfie before work.  :)




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's time to go shopping with your momma for some more pregnancy clothes!

    ReplyDelete