Sunday, February 23, 2014




How far along? 24 weeks – 6 months!

Total Weight Gain: Somewhere in the 17-22 lb range! I am not keeping track as closely as I was. I am enjoying not worrying about it and focusing on being healthy and active.  J

Stretch Marks: None

Belly button: Still innie, but its starting to push out and I can see the BACK of it now – strange!

Movement: She is most active in the evenings and the mornings. The other day we were with my parents and she was facing inwards, kicking all around, but kicking my insides! It was very uncomfortable, but cool to be able to tell which way she is facing now! I was even able to manipulate her a bit to turn to the side so my mom could feel a kick. We are also able to see my belly move whenever she does, so that’s been fun!

Feeling: Feeling great! I’m starting to move a bit slower, mostly sitting down and standing and stuff like that. I have also been feeling a little achy in my abdomen, from my uterus stretching. Weird. And I feel HUGE! And the belly is only going to get bigger so I am curious as to how I’ll look and feel over the next 3 months!

Cravings: I’ve really been wanting applesauce lately but I don’t think it’s a pregnancy craving. OH, but all of a sudden I LOVE mustard! I have always hated mustard – the taste of it just turned me off. But I had a bite of Donovan’s turkey burger recently, with mustard on it of course, and it was so good I kind of started craving it. Now all I want is sandwiches with lots of mustard! It’s the craziest thing. Donovan is thrilled because he’s always loved mustard and couldn’t get why I was so repulsed by it!

Symptoms: I don’t know if its technically indigestion or not but that sick feeling I had a couple weeks back seems to be pregnancy related, and I felt it again earlier this week (but luckily only for half the day). Its just like I was so full that any amount of food made me feel nauseous. Also, food always feels like its right at the base of my throat. All. The. Time. That’s kind of annoying.


Missing: Summer! We had some odd, sunny, 60some degree days and now we are craving summer fever!

Looking Forward to: Baby shower here, our trip to El Paso and the shower there, and our trip to Bahrain!

Sleep: Its been an adventure finding what’s comfortable! I am a stomach sleeper so for a while a pillow shoved under me was working well. Then I switched to the pregnancy pillow, which was working fine but I wanted to sleep more on my stomach so I tried a pillow again, this time fluffier, and that’s doing the trick! A nice, fat, fluffy pillow wedged under me so I’m on my stomach but angled. I’m going to ride that as long as I can!

Exercise: I’ve been feeling energetic and strong in the gym, but definitely am slowing down! I am still lifting – I haven’t had to drop any more weight since the last time I dropped weight, but we will see how long that lasts. There are some exercises I used to love but can no longer do because they focus on my core too much or involve me leaning on my stomach. Donovan and I continue to do our workouts together and he is just the best workout partner ever! We are still able to push each other and he is very protective and watchful over me – my form and stance and definitely my belly and how I’m feeling. I love that we can workout together and he continues to adapt to my changing abilities without letting it affect the quality of his workout. Love him so much!!!

Eating: 6 meals a day, lots of veggies and protein and healthy carbs!

Thoughts this week: I have been feeling like from here out, everything’s going to go really fast…We have the showers coming up soon, then Bahrain, my sister’s graduation the end of May, and then she will be here! Ah craziness.



1 comment: