Wednesday, January 1, 2014


How far along? 16 weeks

Gender: It’s a GIRL!!!!

Total Weight Gain: Its looking like 8 lbs! 116 pre-pregnancy, about 124 currently. I think a bit of that might be holiday weight also.  :)

Stretch Marks: None

Showing: Finally am! I would say I kinda ‘popped’ this week. Though its still hard to tell if you don’t know me, my friends and family and definitely noticing. In the morning its VERY evident, as you can tell from the picture below of me laying on my back!

Movement: None that I can feel yet, however I hear that the first ‘flutters’ can be felt between 16-18 weeks so I am definitely paying attention!

Feeling: Fantastic! Frustrated that my clothes aren’t fitting but I am adjusting.  :)

Cravings: Watermelon and Clementines! I want them because they are so juicy and cold, which makes me think I might be dehydrated so I am trying to drink more water.

Symptoms: None! Boob soreness is starting to diminish thank god!

Missing: My Buckle skinny jeans.  :( Until next year my loves…

Looking Forward to: Meeting our daughter! It feels so much more real now that she has an identity.

Sleep: Great!

Exercise:  Sticking to hitting the gym 3-4 days a week. We do a split of back and tris/chest, shoulders and bis/legs, with 15-20 minutes of cardio. Any gym time we get outside of that we do cardio. Overall I have felt great at the gym, although my strength has dropped between first trimester struggles with even getting to the gym and general pregnancy precautions. So far so good, but we will see what trimester 3 brings.  :)

Eating: Now that the holidays are officially over we are back on track with clean eating. I am focusing on making sure I get at least 300 calories more than I was pre-pregnancy.

Thoughts this week: We were in El Paso over the holidays and so we booked our gender sonogram there. Baby B was active and cooperative and the tech was 99.9% sure that she’s a GIRL! Papi is extremely excited (and petrified!) to have his “Daddy’s Little Girl” – he is going to be so amazing! 
We told our MD friends about baby girl on New Years at Abu and Arushi's - we concealed pink balloons in a trash bag (hey it was easy!). Most of them were convinced it was a boy, but were so excited to find out she was a SHE! It was also fun dancing my pregnant butt around in a tight cocktail dress…  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment