Sunday, January 12, 2014


Total Weight Gain: 12 lbs! Ah!

Stretch Marks: None

Showing: Definitely! Coming back from Christmas break, many people at work are commenting, “Ok you look pregnant now!” Ha.

Movement: Felt her move for the first time yesterday! I was sitting in a chair watching TV with Donovan and my sister and I felt this weird bubble right below my belly button, but deeper in. Then I felt it again, and I was sure it was a roll or summersault of some sort! So cool. Haven’t felt it since but I am paying attention!

Feeling: Great.  J

Cravings: Clementines like crazy, and watermelon.

Symptoms: Just a growing belly!

Missing: Summer time…

Looking Forward to: Completing the nursery! Walls are painted, just waiting on the crib. 

Sleep: Sleeping well but I am starting to get woken up in the middle of the night feeling uncomfortable. I sleep on my stomach and have been dreading the day where I can’t anymore! So far its still ok, as long as I change positions frequently.

Exercise:  Feeling energetic in the gym still, but I am starting to drop my weights even more. I dropped them much lower after the 1st trimester and have stayed there steadily since, but Its like I can feel a stretching in my lower abdomen now at all times and its causing me to be much more aware of the straining in my body. I am focusing on low weight and high reps.

Eating: I have been a lot hungrier all of a sudden this week! I eat 6 times a day, every 3 hours, but I have been getting hungry only about an hour and a half after I eat, so Ive obviously been eating more. I hear that between 16-18 weeks the baby has a growth spirt, so that would explain the hunger and seemingly rapid growth since Christmas! Haven’t had much indigestion since last week, so that’s good!

Thoughts this week: Living in maternity jeans! All of my regular clothes are tight on me now – I am starting to feel the need to expand my wardrobe further. I honestly thought Id be able to wear almost all of my clothes at least through 7 months, but that’s definitely not happening! Even my ‘baggy’ sweater dress hugs my body.  


The nursery in progress! Donovan painted and added the molding. I am loving the color!

4 comments:

  1. I still remember the exact moment I felt you move! I will never forget that, this is such a beautiful experience watching you go through this. You are an angel of a daughter and you will be an angel of a mother, I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a Belly Band from Target - it'll expand your regular wardrobe more :) Also ON has the BEST maternity clothes; fairly cheap, cute, and super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jes I have one of those! However I wear pretty form fitting jeans, so the weight Ive gained in my thighs and butt makes them very uncomfortable all over… :/ I was able to use the belly band for about a month though! And I have 1 pair of jeans they still work on! :) Thanks for the maternity cloths suggestion, Ill check it out!

      Delete